Detta & Rach is committed to ensuring that your personal details and information collected when using our online boutique remains confidential and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and amendments as established in 2012.
Collection of Personal Information
We acknowledge that the provision of personal information and details is an act of trust between you and Detta & Rach. What kind of information do we collect?
- We will only collect personal information if we are required to do so in order for us to carry out our functions as an online boutique retailer.
- As a customer, you may provide us with personal information about yourself each time you contact us via email or when processing an online order, subscribing to our email newsletter and the like.
- We may collect information such as:
– Contact details;
– Personal details; and
– Any other information you provide us throughout the course of and in connection with your use of our store.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We generally collect your personal information directly from you, including when you use our website (including our online shop and Instagram shop), and when you use or create a profile on our website by subscribing to our newsletter.
However, in some cases, we may receive your personal information from a third party (for instance if we receive communication relation to a complaint from one of our payment services namely Afterpay or ZipPay).
Detta & Rach will occasionally forward to you a Newsletter which covers current promotions, styling advice and tips, number one picks or favourite items and any other updates relating to our online boutique.
We however do not want to impose on our customers and therefore we have placed an option for you to ‘unsubscribe’ to our mailing list, enabling you to stop receiving our promotional materials.
Security of your Personal Information
Detta & Rach ensure that any personal information provided by you to us will remain confidential and secure at all times. Your information will not be accessible for unauthorised use, amendment or disclosure by any means, unless we are compelled to do so:
- By a Court of Law;
- By a third party payment service such as Afterpay or ZipPay in order to comply with our obligations;
- And have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and we believe that the collection, use or disclosure is necessary in order for us to take appropriate action;
- For one of the purposes expressly permitted under the Privacy Act; and
- We have your consent to do so.
You can also assist us in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your account passwords and notifying us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of one of your accounts by another Internet user or any other breach of security relating to one of your accounts. Our privacy terms comply with the Australian Privacy Principles as stated in the Privacy Act Amendment 2012.
Maintaining updated personal Information
Detta & Rach will use its best endeavours to ensure that the information we collect and hold about you is current and up to date. If your details have changed, please inform us and provide us with the correct information.
Should you wish to make any changes to your details please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you can update them via our website.
Use of Detta & Rach online services
When processing an order online, we want you to feel secure and as such we confirm that our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an electronic security system, designed to protect your contact and payment details. Any information that you enter in our online store is encrypted to secure your details.
Complaints and Contact Details
If you are concerned with the manner in which Detta & Rach have handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer with your complaint. We will take steps to promptly resolve any concerns.
Privacy Officer: Rebecca Bardaxis (Founder of Detta & Rach)
Detta & Rach ABN: 26 559 892 089